Whats your Favorite Breed?

I know they're not an actual recognized breed, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Easter Eggers!

Then come my silkies....they are soooo funny and vocal. And the best maamas.

I love my Brahma cuz she's huge and kinda dopey.

I love my BO because, even tho she HATES to be held, she is ALWAY under foot and easy to catch, pitches a fit that I'm holding her, and when I put her down, comes right back for more.

I love my Mille Fleur D'Uccle roo becauuse he has the cutest little crow and gives me gorgeous babiies.

I love my little banty cochin because she waddles so fast and freaks out loudly at the smallest little thing.

I love my Dutch bantam and my OEGB because they are so tiny and have such pretty colorings. They are also very friendly and talkatiive.

Ii know I missed some, but in short, I love all my chickens for some reason or another. They all have different personalities....just like kids.

Last edited:
I don't have chickens yet but I am in love with orpingtons and cochins! I also like faverolles
smile.png

I started with a variety of breeds that I was interested in, so I could see which I liked best and then concentrate on that breed. I wanted heritage breeds that are cold hardy. I have 2 Jersey Giants, 3 Dominiques, 1 Columbian Wyandotte, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Buff Brahma and 1 Silver Sebright (roo - impulse purchase!). Out of all of them I like my Dominiques the best. I think their coloring is interesting, they seemed like they tolerated this past summer's heat the best, and they are the sweetest of my flock
smile.png
Two are SUPER friendly, will follow me around and wait for me to pick them up. Plus one just started laying and is the first of the flock to lay
love.gif
They also seem like they are among the most active as far as foraging.

Hands down, Ameracuanas. They're the sweetest and friendliest breed we own. Next are the Buff Orps...we have four. They're big, puffy, friendly beauties!

Overall for personality I love my d'Anvers, but my I love Brahmas so much also. Oh, and my absolute favorite is my Splash Silkie mix she's amazing
love.gif
I think the woman told me she was mixed with a Brabanter, but not sure. I guess it's almost safe to say I love them equally
ya.gif

It is really hard to decide. I've got a fondness for barred rocks. But my best layers are generally Golden Comets and I love the Freedom Rangers for meat birds.

Back
Top Bottom