what's your favorite deviled egg recipe??

I myself prefer the traditional- miracle whip/ relish/ salt & pepper + the yolks topped with paprika. My one SIL puts bacon bits in her filling. A co-worker uses jalapeno relish which is yummy if you like a little side of heat :)

I'm mostly a tradtionalist. Mayo, little bit of mustard, salt/pepper, relish, maybe some dill, dash of worchestershire, smoked paprika. I do put bacon from time to time, or maybe just bacon grease for flavor.

My sister makes the best deviled eggs, so I asked her secret. She says nothing, its just Miracle Whip, salt, pepper and mustard. I am a Miracle Whip person, DH is mayo so we have both in the fridge so I always grabbed the mayo - because that's what you make deviled eggs out of right? The Miracle Whip makes a huge difference, so much better!

and yes on the paprika on top. Hungarian Half-sharp or Smoked Spanish make it extra special.

Thanks everyone!!
droolin.gif

I have volunteered to make deviled eggs for my family for Thanksgiving. What's your favorite recipe or should I stick with a more traditional recipe? Thanks! :)

We do eggs differently at times, but this one's my own recipe. Guests have always raved and never have any to take home. I've been told they have a nice, gourmet flavor.

Prepare eggs. Add eggs to cool water, then to boiling for exactly 12 minutes, then ice bath. No gray ring or rubbery whites. Sometimes if I want a fancy presentation, after they've cooled to handle I crack the eggs and leave on the shells, then drop them into a bowl of prepared tea to stain the whites a crackle color for 10- 30 minutes. Cool and peel.

Cut with a sharp knife and not serrated, no ridges. Push egg yolks into a coarse mesh sieve. Nothing fancy. Works quickly and better than a fork.

Depending on how many eggs, 1 or more teaspoons powdered Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard, or 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar (or white vinegar depending what you have on hand) mixed in with Best Foods Mayo (just our preference), stir to firmly creamy. Add in mashed egg yolks. Add any additional powdered ranch a little at a time until you get the ideal amount of saltiness. You will not need additional salt.

Mix in finely chopped tomatoes (our preference is dark, sweet, rich heirloom varieties like Carneros pink or Black Krim that have good meat to them.). Sometimes I add a teaspoon of finely chopped elephant garlic (very mild, sweet garlic) and mix in. Sometimes, ham bits, smoked salmon or small chunky crab chunks, depending on the event or likes of the people attending.

Garnish with a carefully slivered tomato bit, herbs, or, very thin brown kalamata olives sliver, caviar, red pimentos or bacon bits, or, smoked hot paprika for heat. All good.

Last edited:
What about hard boiling some very fresh eggs?? I had thought on thanksgiving about it, but I didn't set any eggs aside for a while to let em age a little so that they would be easy to peel. what's a good foolproof method of cooking the eggs so that they're easy to peel??

We've been boiling the water before we put the eggs in. Then after it's boiling we gently lower the eggs in with a spoon. Then we set a timer for 17 minutes. Then they get an ice water bath for another 17 minutes. This method has been working great for us.

Back
Top Bottom