What's Your Favorite Word, Or Saying?

About my dog and all his many pressing and irrefutably obscure needs, expressed by lengthy silent intense stares:

"No one truly UNDERSTANDS him!"

About his mad sudden frenzies of wild hysteria:

"HE'S....GONE.....MAD"

About my young horse:

'She rules us with tolerant benevolence'

About my pony:

'People are just terrible the way they treat ponies these days'.

A relative of mine used to watch couples at wedding receptions and the like, and fancied himself a master of determining, with a moment's glance or even just a few words of a conversation, who was 'in charge' in the relationship. He was especially mocking if he thought he spotted a case in which a man was NOT 'in charge' of his 'woman'.

THEREFORE, whenever my SO or I spot someone who is very obviously overly obsessed with who is 'in charge' in a relationship, I whisper to my SO:

'He is IN CHARGE!'

Which means he is not.

If at a wedding reception or the like, I spot someone who appears to be a little bit overly frantic/cathected about the effects of Martha Stewart's show, when they get up from the table and leave us, I lean over and whisper, 'That's a good thing!'

If someone seems to LIKE Martha Stewart a little too much, the only thing I can picture is that South Park episode where she prepares that turkey....

And for all other occasions, lines from the movie 'All About Eve' always seem to fit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom