What's your flock's favorite treat?

Favorite Treats

• Total voters
I have to admit, I'm stingy with treats. Their most common "treat" is their regular feed, wetted into a mash. It's a great way to use the fine bits that fall to the bottom of the bowl.

But in July and August, Japanese Beetles are hands down the best! I say, "Bug Snack!" and they know what that means and run to the door.

I see you have more than 15 responses. Will you let us know what kind of a grade you get on your project? I'm sure you'll do well! Kinda wish we coulda voted for more than one thing. I picked mealworms cuz that's what they like BEST, though.
I'm actually homeschooled, so no grades but thanks! I've just finished graphing the results.

I'm working on a school project and need at least 15 people to vote but I have no friends so I'm posting here! :)

My flock goes crazy for grapes. I often give them watermelon in the summer and pumpkins around fall as well.
View attachment 3397921

My hens go nuts for dried mealworms but we use them at days end, to get them to come to the run by shaking the plastic can, and then putting some in the run. Other treats we regularly give them are grapes, which they love, watermelon in summer, and some leftovers. They like a cabbage on a string in winter.

Back
Top Bottom