whats your thoughts on candling eggs often.

punky1991

Songster
8 Years
Dec 28, 2014
so its my first time actually getting this to work i have 4 eggs all delveloping in a mini 7 egg xcellent global incubator. I candled on day 5 day 7 and day 8 then on day 10 I try to keep myself from candling so often but its so hard i just cant stand it lol i am gonna try to not candle again till day 14 then wait and candle day 17 before i lockdown on day 18 but its so hard for me to not take a quick look i only take one egg out and a time and only have it out for a short minuite what do you think

so its my first time actually getting this to work i have 4 eggs all delveloping in a mini 7 egg xcellent global incubator. I candled on day 5 day 7 and day 8 then on day 10 I try to keep myself from candling so often but its so hard i just cant stand it lol i am gonna try to not candle again till day 14 then wait and candle day 17 before i lockdown on day 18 but its so hard for me to not take a quick look i only take one egg out and a time and only have it out for a short minuite what do you think
I have always spot checked candled every night. Usually 4-5 (different) eggs to check air cells and development. I just set this past Sunday and am doing a candling experiment for our he said/she said thread. I have 6 eggs (out of 21) specifically for candling and to get candleing pics that I am candeling every day. The others I am trying to only candle on days 7/14/18 to check and mark air cells and check for growth. My goal is to show that candleing if done properly should not affect the rate of hatch.

well i could of sworn i read on here before that candling frequently didnt hurt anything and i also read that expensive incubators have a cool down setting where every day a certain time it cools down to simulate the hen getting off her eggs to eat or get a drink. i only have 4 eggs in my incubator and the temp dont drop much and goes back up very fast i only take one out at a time and only have them out very little amount of time? I just cant keep myself from wanting to see them especially now that i can see them moving im on day 11 today

well i could of sworn i read on here before that candling frequently didnt hurt anything and i also read that expensive incubators have a cool down setting where every day a certain time it cools down to simulate the hen getting off her eggs to eat or get a drink. i only have 4 eggs in my incubator and the temp dont drop much and goes back up very fast i only take one out at a time and only have them out very little amount of time? I just cant keep myself from wanting to see them especially now that i can see them moving im on day 11 today
It's not the cool down period that people have problems with, it's the handling they claim that affects them. Of course dropping an egg does hurt the philosophy...lol I know. I am on day 4 and not candling any but the ones I specified for candling is driving me nuts....lol

I dont know if i can keep myself from candling do you think ive been candling to much?

It's not the cool down period that people have problems with, it's the handling they claim that affects them. Of course dropping an egg does hurt the philosophy...lol  I know. I am on day 4 and not candling any but the ones I specified for candling is driving me nuts....lol
The only thing I've heard is that candling eggs too much can cause too much Royals from your skin to develop on the eggshell disabling gases to flow in and out of the egg so if the eggs become glossy looking that means your candle too much I try not to kill that much I've had my most successful hatches when I've only candled 1 to 3 times.

The only thing I've heard is that candling eggs too much can cause too much Oils from your skin to develop on the eggshell disabling gases to flow in and out of the egg so if the eggs become glossy looking that means your candle too much I try not to kill that much I've had my most successful hatches when I've only candled 1 to 3 times.

Back
Top Bottom