What's your trick for adding water?

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
I've been super pleased with my new Genesis incubator.
love.gif
I now have it going as well as my older hovabator. I've been adding water by lifting the top and then lifting up the wire bottom with the turner (carefully) and adding the water. I just know there's an easier way.

So how do you add water to your trays?
roll.png
I did buy some aquarium tubing and was thinking about how to use that so I wouldn't have to mess with the turner, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I use some tubing and a large syringe as well. I get a 60cc syringe fill with water and have tubing(I used suction tubing) which is just slipped under the turner.

I run the tubing thru the vent hole & then down thru the wire floor to the appropriate well. When it's time to add water I heat it up a bit in the microwave, get a very small funnel & insert the end of the funnel to the end of the tubing that's sticking out of the bator & pour the water in a little at a time. After I'm done adding the water I insert a piece of duct tape that I've rolled up into the end of the tubing that's sticking out of the bator to use as a plug in the end of the tubing that's sticking out. I also use a piece of duct tape around the tubing that's sticking out of the bator to seal it up since I's not using the plug. This is probably a LOT harder than how SW does it though.
tongue.png

I just lift the lid and use a turkey baster to add water down into one of the egg turner cups I leave empty in the middle of my rack in the Hova.

I have a piece of tubing duct taped to a small funnel. I feed the tuing through one of the vent holes and between the eggs until it hits the wire mesh. then I pour warm water in and remove the tubing because I use the same tubing on all six of the bators..

If you squirt it in, how does it not get all over everything?

And I can't believe anyone actually leaves an empty egg cup!
wink.png
hee hee

I'm going to use the tubing and the duct tape trick tonight. That seems almost foolproof--even for me!
big_smile.png

Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom