Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Are you agreeing that a blue wheaten roo X wheaten hen may result in a wheaten chick and that wheaten chick will not inherit white feathers due to the blue cross?

Blue x normal (Wheaten) always makes 50% blue based, 50% normal based.

They will not inherit white feathers in the sense of replacing the blue or black, no. But if we're talking unwanted white in places like primaries, legs, sure, it happens.

i rely hope you get a roo , i keep trying to post with my smart phonme and it isnt working i dont have any puictures of my young roos to post yert they are in there ugly teen years , i wil switch roos and shopuld have eggs by next week that will be fertal here is some old pictures just thought id post .my fingers are crossed to get a roo as nice as him i raised a few years back

No white at the base of the tail and probably no white wing tips...very good Randy. Less dancing and more breeding.................

Walt

No white at the base of the tail and probably no white wing tips...very good Randy. [COLOR=808080]Less dancing and more breeding.................[/COLOR]

Walt

im trying like crazy ... u have 5 young ones im hopeful i can get a good roo. it takes so long to get foem egg to comformation .and boy them roos eat like pigs.and im not braggin but my west coast swing is gettin good lol lol and now i got a excuse to talk to girls
because my breeding skills sure isnt a good pick up line i keep gettin my face slaped i try to explane chicken breedin but that just opens a nother can of worms lol

im trying like crazy ... u have 5 young ones im hopeful i can get a good roo. it takes so long to get foem egg to comformation .and boy them roos eat like pigs.and im not braggin but my west coast swing is gettin good lol lol and now i got a excuse to talk to girls
because my breeding skills sure isnt a good pick up line i keep gettin my face slaped i try to explane chicken breedin but that just opens a nother can of worms lol

Good to hear that you are keeping up with the breeding and dancin. I'm counting on you to get some good male birds without white.

Walt

Randy,

The next time you go dancing, take a Silkie with you! That way the ladies will understand your fowl language!
lau.gif
Women are suckers for a Silkie!
wink.png

Just to clarify, what is the coloring differences of a Wheaten and a Blue Wheaten ?

Can a Wheaten have either all white and either with black feathers in the tail ?

pictures?

Basically, the only difference is that in the Blue Wheaten, the Blue is in place instead of the Black on a regular Wheaten. Go back through this thread to see pics. The hens should still have the red, wheat, and cream coloring, but instead of black tail and wing feathers, they will be blue. I hope that was a little more clear than mud?? :lol:

Thanks so much for that reply! I was wondering about that.

Now, my next question,
Does a Wheaten Roo and a Wheaten hen produce Wheatens? Simple logic tells me so, but I am wondering if it is like the Red Star/Golden Comet where two Red Stars do not make red Star chicks.

The reason why I ask is because I got this reply when I asked about why getting Wheaten chicks from a local breeder would be a problem for a while:
"My birchen male mysteriously disappeared and I am waiting for a young one to mature."

I am not sure I am following the reasoning here.
Many thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom