Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Mine is 6 months. She hasn't started to lay yet but is becoming more assertive with the other hens so I think soon....
smile.png

Can anyone help me identify my Marans rooster color and type. He was bought from a breeder who sold him as a blue copper Marans. His color is wrong for that, but I am wondering if he is another type altogether... maybe a blue wheaten?? Can he be responsibly bred with a blue copper female to produce babies, if so what would their offspring be?? All information about him is greatly appreciated. Below are some pictures of him now at about 22 weeks and some from about a month and a half ago below those. I think he is gorgeous and he is super sweet.

Can anyone help me identify my Marans rooster color and type. He was bought from a breeder who sold him as a blue copper Marans. His color is wrong for that, but I am wondering if he is another type altogether... maybe a blue wheaten?? Can he be responsibly bred with a blue copper female to produce babies, if so what would their offspring be?? All information about him is greatly appreciated. Below are some pictures of him now at about 22 weeks and some from about a month and a half ago below those. I think he is gorgeous and he is super sweet.

blue birchen with leakage? or a cross?

This bird came from one of the maran eggs I recieved with some BCM I bought all yhe eggs where of good color #6 can anyone tell me what kind it is ? Would like to breed him but unsure of whether I should breed him to a bkack blue or splash any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom