Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

I've been trying to search for information about black splash wheatons....
can someone explain...in lay terms for my oldish brain....why the black splash lay a pinkish egg? and the blue splash lay a blue egg?

I've been trying to search for information about black splash wheatons....
can someone explain...in lay terms for my oldish brain....why the black splash lay a pinkish egg? and the blue splash lay a blue egg?

I am sorry, but I am confused. Are you talking about Marans? It is a requirement that Marans lay a brown/chocolate egg.

Quote: see I'm confused too
I bought Blue splash ameraucana wheaton eggs...which came completely scrambled...but one ended up hatching...she is from a blue egg.
the lady I got them from said she threw in some black splash...2....1 of those hatched it was a creamy pinkish egg...
so I too am confused but that's all the info I have from her

Quote: see I'm confused too
I bought Blue splash ameraucana wheaton eggs...which came completely scrambled...but one ended up hatching...she is from a blue egg.
the lady I got them from said she threw in some black splash...2....1 of those hatched it was a creamy pinkish egg...
so I too am confused but that's all the info I have from her
am I correct that a ameraucana mix that ends up not laying blue eggs is then an EE

Last edited:
am I correct that a ameraucana mix that ends up not laying blue eggs is then an EE

So, just to confirm. You are talking about Americauna's/EE"s not Marans. That makes much more sense. They do lay other coloured eggs. It is just that this is a Marans thread - a completely different kettle of fish to the breeds you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom