Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Here are my 6 week old chicks. The cockerel is supposed to be a full Wheaten Marans. He looks like one to me. What do you all think? The pullet has yellowish legs, therefore I am assuming she is a mix. She hatched out of a Marans eggs but I think daddy might be an RIR. The pullet also doesn't have nicely feathered legs like her brother. I have another pullet that is similar to this one but is a darker orange. Do you think they are a mix, or is the pullet normal color for a Wheaten?

I would they are mix on both birdsthe lake should be turning pinkish white by now
Here are my 6 week old chicks. The cockerel is supposed to be a full Wheaten Marans. He looks like one to me. What do you all think? The pullet has yellowish legs, therefore I am assuming she is a mix. She hatched out of a Marans eggs but I think daddy might be an RIR. The pullet also doesn't have nicely feathered legs like her brother. I have another pullet that is similar to this one but is a darker orange. Do you think they are a mix, or is the pullet normal color for a Wheaten?

They are both mixes.

same here... no eggs.
also, someone came to the yard in broad daylight and stole my nicest Roo I was saving to breed to my 3rd generation. All the hens were left in the pen untouched. Very frustrating.

Runaway, if you have an extra male here in Florida, I would surely like to get one off of ya rather than breed these ladies with their grandpa!

That is horrible.... but no sorry I only have other kinds of roos right now (BTB's, BCM, and Project Splits) or i'd let you have one... :(

Back
Top Bottom