Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Pics
Quote:
Great information
thumbsup.gif
Thank you very much that is exactly what I wanted to know. I think I could really improve my wheaten egg color if I used my pure blues they are laying nice dark eggs like this:
45258_blue_marans_eggs.jpg

I'm kicking myself for parting with my wheaten roo this summer. Does anyone have good quality eggs for sale? Kindly send me a PM. I could take them at any time.

Thanks!
Bailey

Quote:
Great information
thumbsup.gif
Thank you very much that is exactly what I wanted to know. I think I could really improve my wheaten egg color if I used my pure blues they are laying nice dark eggs like this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/45258_blue_marans_eggs.jpg

Beautiful egg color............Are you saying those are from Blues? Is that Blue Copper, Blue Wheaton, or straight Blues? I am not into Blues yet but sure do love your egg color....
Karen

my first and second year birds are laying well and egg color is very good on a few of them i am rely impressed and i will be hatching some next week, i have 20 in the bator
and 20 more after that ,,,,, lol all my line of wheaten take 7 months att least to start laying ,,,, so the wait takes a long time i have my origonal stock of davis lines and cottage hill lines and i have a first generation of my own so thats around 14 months and some down time puts me to two years and a month working with them the batch of eggs incubating is a mix of origonal and first generation all breeding back to a origonal roo form davis lines

,,,, takes for ever
Quote:
I think they look great Randy, but I am new to them. How is the color of your girl's eggs? Mine are not laying yet.

My one baby Wheaten pullet will be 4 weeks old on the 15th. She's looks like a monster next to her Pene brooder mate, she has grown so quickly and is now entering that "awkward" chick stage.

IMAG0164.jpg

A face only a father could love.
lol.png

IMAG0166.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Great information
thumbsup.gif
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/45258_blue_marans_eggs.jpg

Beautiful egg color............Are you saying those are from Blues? Is that Blue Copper, Blue Wheaton, or straight Blues? I am not into Blues yet but sure do love your egg color....
Karen

Those are from 'pure blues' as in BBS Marans lol. I got them from peachick here on byc. She posted some pics a few weeks back on the Marans thread somewhere (huge thread)with pics of her birds and the egg color she is getting now. Her egg color is about the same as what my girls from her are laying..so pretty consistant through the generations. I think she is doing a good job. My blue coppers usually lay a little darker than these.

Back
Top Bottom