Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Pics
For people who have other marans besides wheatens: Are your wheaten males larger than your other kinds of Marans roos? Mine seem to be in general. They are such chow hounds lol.

Quote:
Hi,
Personally I like Photo number one's tail and number two's comb, great pictures!!!
thumbsup.gif

Joe

hello i'm new to this line but the dark eggs brought me forward in my seat "and you say the blue copper's eggs are darker" ?? girl do you realize how dark those eggs are ? lol ............ (guys) rating of 7-8 or 9 ????

Quote:
Beautiful egg color............Are you saying those are from Blues? Is that Blue Copper, Blue Wheaton, or straight Blues? I am not into Blues yet but sure do love your egg color....
Karen

Those are from 'pure blues' as in BBS Marans lol. I got them from peachick here on byc. She posted some pics a few weeks back on the Marans thread somewhere (huge thread)with pics of her birds and the egg color she is getting now. Her egg color is about the same as what my girls from her are laying..so pretty consistant through the generations. I think she is doing a good job. My blue coppers usually lay a little darker than these.

Question- does anyone have Wheaten Marans without feathered legs?

These do not exist as a recognised variety. British Standard, the clean legged ones, only recognises Black,Dark Cuckoo,Silver Cuckoo & Gold Cuckoo.
All French Marans are feather legged.
Maybe you call it by another name?
David​

Quote:
These do not exist as a recognised variety. British Standard, the clean legged ones, only recognises Black,Dark Cuckoo,Silver Cuckoo & Gold Cuckoo.
All French Marans are feather legged.
Maybe you call it by another name?
David

I don't think I was clear enough. I don't want clean legged Wheatens for Marans breeding purposes, actually just for the genes behind the Wheaten color. I want to work on a Wheaten project with another breed that does not have feathered shanks.

It would be much easier to start this with clean legged Marans, rather than those with feathers, it would be one less thing that I would have to cull against.

Unless there is another LF dual purpose bird that is Wheaten that I could use...?

Back
Top Bottom