Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Pics
no projects for me , i have only enough brain cells for wheaten . but howabout a blue colombian .... "pinks blue colombians " has a nice ring to it dont u think .and hey flgardengirl everyones,,,,, tails stink ,,,,,.......no pun intended lol lol

Quote:
Ohhhh....huh-uh! That would require way more brain cells than I have....and I don't have many to spare,
gig.gif
! Yes that would be quite the striking bird wouldn't it? It will have to come somewhat pre-assembled or nearing completion for me to even begin to think of tackling that.
smile.png

i wouldnt know were to start to make blue colombian and dont have a clue what would be blue , i guess part of neck and tail and wing tips would b blue

Quote:
Ohhhh....huh-uh! That would require way more brain cells than I have....and I don't have many to spare,
gig.gif
! Yes that would be quite the striking bird wouldn't it? It will have to come somewhat pre-assembled or nearing completion for me to even begin to think of tackling that.
smile.png

Well, it really isn't a Marans project, per se, it just involves birds with Wheaten genes...

I'm young though, I'll somehow find the time and brain cells necessary!
lol.png

Last edited:
The following Marans varieties are recognised in Europe, and are Wheaten based
Wheaten
Columbian
Black-tailed Buff

All could have Blue variations
Blue Wheaten
Coronation Columbian
Blue-Tailed Buff

or Splash variations
Splash Wheaten (psuedo Pyle)
Splash (White) tailed Buff

Silver Wheaten & Salmon (as in Faverolle) would also be possible.
David

Thanks for that Mr. David! Now if a person wanted to make a Blue or Coronation Columbian,
what's the recipe? Where would a person start?
Thanks and advance!

Oh my gosh! Just when you think you have all of the colors down! Splash Wheaten? Silver Wheaten??? Sure would love to see a pic of those colors!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I thought that the Coronation Columbian would be a lavendar gene like Coronation Sussex. Is the gene matching different in Continental Europe? Just wondering as I know that the Partridge Wyandottes have somewhat different gene matchings between the US, UK and Europe. I am constantly learning and trying to get my brains around the different birds, colors and anything else chicken.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom