Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Nice looking hen. Great comb color too.
Joe

Quote:
No! I told the feed store that was what I wanted but after looking at the bag they gave me the other. Grrrr.... I don't think it's cocci. The little guy doesn't look or act sick. He is eating and drinking good. He is a little slower moving than the others but he is half the size and barely has any feathers so I think that's to be expected. I will see if I can pick up a bag of medicated starter though as I guess it wouldn't hurt anything. Also going to get some vitamins and put in their water!

Quote:
If the little guy isn't feathering out something is missing in it's diet. If you're sure it's not cocci then I would suspect worms. Worms could be drawing off enough nutrients to slow him down.

Quote:
If the little guy isn't feathering out something is missing in it's diet. If you're sure it's not cocci then I would suspect worms. Worms could be drawing off enough nutrients to slow him down.

So if I give them some medicated feed would that take care of the worms or do I need something different? And if so what?

Quote:

So if I give them some medicated feed would that take care of the worms or do I need something different? And if so what?

One of the symptoms of coccidiosis is eating normally with little or no weight gain. I would try medicated feed as bargain suggested for all the chicks to ensure the others don't have the bug.

Back
Top Bottom