Quote:
Ship her to me!
lol.png

She is very nice, how is her egg color?

Quote:
Ship her to me!
lol.png

She is very nice, how is her egg color?

I have nine of these pullets and they are laying about a six at present, I have a male from nivtup over them and will have some chicks this Sunday.

Thanks everyone, Don

Ok here is a pic of my Wheaten chick that I have mentioned in previous posts. I added a pic of one of the others so you can see a comparison in size and feathering.

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Here is the bags of food I got. The first pic is supposed to be medicated but I can't find anywhere that it says it is other than a pink tag that was in the lacing that says it is?? The second pic is the smaller bag I got today at different feed store and it looks like exact same bag but says it's medicated.

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

2 1/2 months to 3 1/2months and then we give them the pick at that time there just about free rangeing in a large out door inclosed run /wire roof 9x18ft , but good luck , i have most trouble introduceing young birds to old birds , there mean, ive seen them eat large frogs , ruunning around with legs comeing out of there mouth worme so big i couldnt tell whos eating who.i worry my big wheaten marans will eat chicks .now im getting side tracked kuzz i feal old . go 2 1/2 months to 3 1/2monthschick food , some people do longer

Quote:

cackydoodledoo,

The key word to look for on the labels to tell if it is medicated, is Amproline. That's the medicated part. I feed my chicks the medicated chick starter for 5 weeks, then start adding Chick Grower (non-medicated) to the starter and wean them off of the medicated over the course of a week or so. Just the way I do it, everyone does it differently.
big_smile.png
If they are under severe stress conditions, such as bad, cold or wet weather, I may leave them on the medicated a bit longer.

Quote:
The problem with this is the big bag that is supposed to be medicated doesn't say anywhere on it that it has Amproline in it. No ingredients list nothing. The only thing it had was a pink paper tag that the feed mill puts on it and it says it has Amproline in it. The tag is one of those that they attach by putting it on the seam that they sew the top shut with. I pulled out a handful of both feeds and compared them side to side and can find no difference. Is there a noticeable difference between the medicated and non-medicated????

Quote:
The problem with this is the big bag that is supposed to be medicated doesn't say anywhere on it that it has Amproline in it. No ingredients list nothing. The only thing it had was a pink paper tag that the feed mill puts on it and it says it has Amproline in it. The tag is one of those that they attach by putting it on the seam that they sew the top shut with. I pulled out a handful of both feeds and compared them side to side and can find no difference. Is there a noticeable difference between the medicated and non-medicated????

The size of the crumble I get for the medicated chick starter is a bit smaller than the non-medicated chick grower. Maybe Manna had a bag shortage, or printed some out wrong? Therefore, they added the pink tag? Maybe you could call Manna and find out? I would assume that if they added the tag that says it contains Amproline, that it should contain it...but you know how assumptions go!
roll.png

Ya I don't know but I think I am going to run by the feed store and ask them. When I bought it they realized they were all out and I had to drive to the feed mill to pick up the bag. Maybe the kid got them messed up. I just want to make sure the little guy has everything he needs!! He was the only one out of 5 that made it!!

Back
Top Bottom