Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Quote:
Here's a quote from Rooster Booster's web page.

"A balanced diet is essential for regular egg production and for the general health and well-being of birds. Rooster Booster Products are designed to help you meet all the health, growth, and production needs of poultry and fowl.

Just like humans and other animals, poultry and fowl require appropriate vitamins and minerals as part of their well-balanced diets.
Vitamins
Rooster Booster chicken vitamins are ideal to use for all birds at times of stress or illness, ****but are mainly formulated for increased egg laying, healthy growth, and breeding programs.*** Rooster Booster poultry-formulated vitamin feed additives in your poultry rations are an essential tool to promote healthy growth, increased reproduction, and lower mortality rates. Vitamins also help you manage stress and disease levels in your poultry or fowl flocks. Rooster Booster Liquid B-12 Plus Vitamin K is an excellent poultry and fowl vitamin feed additive supplement product."

Quote:
Here's a quote from Rooster Booster's web page.

"A balanced diet is essential for regular egg production and for the general health and well-being of birds. Rooster Booster Products are designed to help you meet all the health, growth, and production needs of poultry and fowl.

Just like humans and other animals, poultry and fowl require appropriate vitamins and minerals as part of their well-balanced diets.
Vitamins
Rooster Booster chicken vitamins are ideal to use for all birds at times of stress or illness, ****but are mainly formulated for increased egg laying, healthy growth, and breeding programs.*** Rooster Booster poultry-formulated vitamin feed additives in your poultry rations are an essential tool to promote healthy growth, increased reproduction, and lower mortality rates. Vitamins also help you manage stress and disease levels in your poultry or fowl flocks. Rooster Booster Liquid B-12 Plus Vitamin K is an excellent poultry and fowl vitamin feed additive supplement product."

Where do you purchase this product? Thank you for the info

rsquared~

I use Rooster Booster.....I can find it over here at all of the local feed stores...TSC always has it.
smile.png

i was never a beleaver in vaseline but have tried it , we just have alot of cold cold nights at 0 to 20 degrees , we are at the top of mountian/hill and seems to be colder than the lower sopts .i will keep hatching for another few months but only need another 8 or 10 new wheaten hens and will probubly not keep any roo this year and
it would be hard for me to beat the roo i produced last year and hope my 3 year old roo gets better outherwise hes culled , 2 roosters is enough for my small operatioon this year is all about the hens color size and shape next year i cull for egg color wich is last on my list , the way i feal if i wanted egg color id get bc or blue. there egg color cant be matched by your average wheaten marans.. this is a bad picture but my marans coop is well insulated with r13 insulation ,2x4 walls with hardy plank cement siding and drywall inside but dirt floor , but i like dirt easy to clean..............
20346_mvc00090.jpg

Quote:

Last edited:
My little Wheaten that I had posted about earlier died!! I knew it was inevitable as she hasn't grown any in 4 weeks. I am now down to no Wheatens and really disgusted with the whole situation. The lady I ordered them from was supposed to send 5 and she said only 2 hatched which I know happens. Of the two she did send one died in transit and now this one is dead. I just have to wonder if one of the parents had a weak gene or something. Can anyone please give me some suggestions on where to get Wheaten eggs or even day old chicks? I would like good quality as I would like to stick with the Maran breed.

Quote:

I am in Colorado. I have searched for someone here but have had no luck at least on the Wheatens. I searched for someone with the Black and Blue Copper and found a lady just a few miles up the hwy in Falcon. She posts on Craigslist all the time but will never respond. I have sent multiple emails and so has a friend of mine. Kinda frustrating when people advertise and then won't respond. Such is why I would like to get some Marans going as they seem to be non existent in my area. Just talked to daisychick who is on here and she has some about to hatch so if she is lucky enough to get a roo and hen maybe I will buy some eggs off her down the road!!!

Just a quick question... I don't own Marans, but I have a partner in the Dominique breeding program and she does have Marans, Wheaten hens and a Blue Wheaten cock. We have just two little wheaten? Marans chicks downstairs in the brooder and then we've got 8 eggs from these pure crossings going into the hatcher this morning - should be popped out by Thursday.

The Marans hens haven't been laying really well until just recently so few eggs from that pen. She's also been using that rooster over Australorp hens to get some nice dark brown egg laying crossbred pullets.

She had mentioned that she read somewhere about sexing the Wheatens based off feather color in young chicks 1-3 days? Has anyone here found this to be true? Input appreciated, I'll pass on what I can learn about them to her.

Back
Top Bottom