Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Quote:

I am in Colorado. I have searched for someone here but have had no luck at least on the Wheatens. I searched for someone with the Black and Blue Copper and found a lady just a few miles up the hwy in Falcon. She posts on Craigslist all the time but will never respond. I have sent multiple emails and so has a friend of mine. Kinda frustrating when people advertise and then won't respond. Such is why I would like to get some Marans going as they seem to be non existent in my area. Just talked to daisychick who is on here and she has some about to hatch so if she is lucky enough to get a roo and hen maybe I will buy some eggs off her down the road!!!

Hi I really like our wheaten marans and have had several auctions with them as well as direct orders. I'm very pleased with their confirmation as well as their egg color. Like many of you we worked first with body type and then with egg coloration. Our eggs have lightened since the photo as they now have been laying almost 5 months straight!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=459806 If you are interested in our wheatens, please contact me by PM and I'll see when we can set you up on the calendar. Thanks so much. I'm calling it a day, up at 4:00 am as a farmer's wife. I'm sleeping while I type. Have a blessed evening. Nancy

Quote:

Morning Randy,

Still have not conquered the pic thingie yet, but will describe.....my very best female had the "Marans" body, nice color but legs had a yellowish cast to them. All had nice coloring, some lighter, some darker but 2 of the body types did not scream Marans to me. By the way, egg color was consistently fantastic. Sold them to a gentleman in my area who wants to work on them with my Roo. I also pointed out what I saw as faults to make sure we both were on the same page
smile.png
Up front seller here! Keep in mind I'm moving to the PNWest and have to pare down my stock to my very best. Have some pretty awesome Amers w/bw LF and Bantams, BCs, BLRWs and Blue Rocks.

Risa

Risa

sounds like your doing the right thing good birds are hard to come by thats for certan, even gets harder when good birds dont always produce good offspring ,thanks for posting , its nice to know what people are concerned about when breeding and faults there looking for
thanks

Quote:

Morning Randy,

Still have not conquered the pic thingie yet, but will describe.....my very best female had the "Marans" body, nice color but legs had a yellowish cast to them. All had nice coloring, some lighter, some darker but 2 of the body types did not scream Marans to me. By the way, egg color was consistently fantastic. Sold them to a gentleman in my area who wants to work on them with my Roo. I also pointed out what I saw as faults to make sure we both were on the same page
smile.png
Up front seller here! Keep in mind I'm moving to the PNWest and have to pare down my stock to my very best. Have some pretty awesome Amers w/bw LF and Bantams, BCs, BLRWs and Blue Rocks.

Risa

Risa

Quote:
Here's a couple of names from the Marans club site:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/...Rows&tbl=12&sortBy=1&sortDir=down&start_at=20

Gerard, Ann [email protected] Fruita, Colorado Black Copper, Blue Copper, Splash, Wheaten, Cockoo, Golden Cockoo customappaloosa eggs shipped

Haire, Ernie [email protected] 22280 St. Hwy. 64 East, Arp, Texas Black Coppers, Blue/Blue Coppers, Splashes, and Cuckoos xlboergoats Pick up and ship eggs and/or eggs Always looking for better

Miley, April - Twin Spurs Ranch [email protected] OHIO (SE) Wheaten Marans - feather legged - Teasdale, Davis & Logan lines NPIP chicks for sale, occasional adult/juvenile stock

Robertson, Beverly [email protected] 3720 FM 1980 Marble Falls, TX 78654 black copper, wheaten, blue, blue copper, blue wheaten

Quote:
Here's a couple of names from the Marans club site:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/...Rows&tbl=12&sortBy=1&sortDir=down&start_at=20

Gerard, Ann [email protected] Fruita, Colorado Black Copper, Blue Copper, Splash, Wheaten, Cockoo, Golden Cockoo customappaloosa eggs shipped

Haire, Ernie [email protected] 22280 St. Hwy. 64 East, Arp, Texas Black Coppers, Blue/Blue Coppers, Splashes, and Cuckoos xlboergoats Pick up and ship eggs and/or eggs Always looking for better

Miley, April - Twin Spurs Ranch [email protected] OHIO (SE) Wheaten Marans - feather legged - Teasdale, Davis & Logan lines NPIP chicks for sale, occasional adult/juvenile stock

Robertson, Beverly [email protected] 3720 FM 1980 Marble Falls, TX 78654 black copper, wheaten, blue, blue copper, blue wheaten

Thank you knjinnm!!

Back
Top Bottom