Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

thanks walt i am a carpenter by trade but , ive never built a cabin out of trees/logs befor ,its still got alot of work left . i used the atv to drag the trees after falling them in the woods its only 9x9 ft, the roof is about 14x16. i built it right behind the main house as a storage/play house /shed

Quote:

Quote:
I hate clean the bator day!
sickbyc.gif
Cute chicks, though.

Nancy, you have beautiful Wheatens!

Randy, that coop is great! And it even matches the Wheatens!

Thanks. I love to see pictures of all the wheatens...No, I love to see pictures of all poultry, rabbits, goats, horses, all animals, but especially poultry:) ..I think many folks need to be aware that there are BCMs, BBSM's and Wheaten Marans!!!

Here are pictures of all our marans!!!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/edit.php?id=6241675

I just cannot wait until our Blue Copper babies grow on up!!!! to see how they will turn out. Our wheatens hold their darker color lighter!!! I just love them!!! Well, I best get back to chores...2 hours down and 3 hours to go! and then lunch....

Have a blessed day!

I don't know why it was blocked, so I'm just going to load up pics on this page.... It's under archive? Should be available to all. How frustrating, but we'll get back to it...Sorry Berkeley Springs and all, moved about 100 baby chicks and hens around in new areas in past 2 days....And we farm full time and still had bunny buyers and chick buyers on Monday, as we close the farm on Sundays!

Adults in one of their chicken tractors:

8875_wheaten_marans.jpg

8875_293.jpg

(Their eggs are a bit lighter now as they have been laying for 5 months....
8875_wheatenmaranseggs1.jpg

Lineage is great and we are so happy with them!

I do have a few baby chicks and plenty of wheaten marans eggs.

Please tell me you can see this. Must go pull plugs on utilities. Under tornado warning....really bad weather!

Last edited:
Quote:
They are beauties Bargain, can't wait for my little guys/gals to grow up. Have 7 and they are in the brooder now w/ my other babies. Question for you re the chicken tractor, have one here w/out the nest boxes, are you able to access the eggs from the outside of tractor? Would love to see the pics of the setup. I use my tractor to create gardens/veggies and flowers with the chickens assistance. Only use for my juvies and breeding birds. Otherwise all get to free range here.

Hi Rsquared!!! Yes, there are doors in the back to give us access to the egg boxes and the feeder in the covered back. We try to move our trailors weekly, but sometimes it creeps into 10 days. We are going to try some free range with new all purpose egg girls and one rooster....I've my fingers cross and praying that predators don't destroy them...We have specially constructed trailers as well electric fencing for chicken - and yes to enhance the soil with this system~

I don't know why I cannot post pics of the archived auctions, but anyway my apologies for getting these up so late.

Anyone want to post pics of the differences between boys and girl wheatens....I don't have any baby boy shots. I'm trying to train hubby on the differences as he sells some of the poultry when I'm away from the farm....smile!

Back
Top Bottom