Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Actually if you look at the first pic of the blue, you can just see it folded under. The black one has it too, can barely see it in the pic because it's tucked under. When the wing is pulled out its there.

I thought with the wheaten roosters, the primaries are supposed to be brown, which distinguishes them from the black coppers. I dont see much brown if any in the primaries of these particular roosters.
Hi Halo,
frow.gif
Long time, no see! Those boys are still young yet, but I do see some cinnamon in their wings. Hopefully, more will come in with their juvie molt.

Snowbird... Would you humor me and go back a few pages and look at my Roos from Bev? I want to keep 2, but am not sure if I have 2 good ones to keep.
I will post pics of my hens soon.
Of course the ones with too much mahogany are the sweetest ones!
Hi, I looked at your males when you first posted them.Will refrain from commenting to keep the thread going in the right direction. Keep in mind when we buy from a big name does not guarantee we will get good SOP Marans.

this is just my opinion and I'm new at this but I think it would really helpthe beed out a lot if people didn't try to raise so many different colors of marans and kept there flock small .10 or so hens and a few roos and plan on it taking many generations for many years. and cull heavy 10 hens and change out 4 a year for better offspring always keep a few origonal if quality is there

this is just my opinion and I'm new at this but I think it would really helpthe beed out a lot if people didn't try to raise so many different colors of marans and kept there flock small .10 or so hens and a few roos and plan on it taking many generations for many years. and cull heavy 10 hens and change out 4 a year for better offspring always keep a few origonal if quality is there
I agree Randy. Personally, I think they pushed too soon for the APA approval on the BCMs. They still are not consistent in color or type, to me anyway. All of these new colors are now going to get mixed into the fray, and with the other problems that already exist, if we don't maintain a closed flock, we are looking for many more problems down the road. JMO. Keep doing what you are doing there my man, more quality, less quantity.

Back
Top Bottom