Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

I can't wait till I get some eggs from mine.. I have the same problem with my Welsummer girl though. They are just big and wide, don't fit down into the carton properly.

I just got my first pullet egg from one of my wheatean girls. Only a 5 in color. But I'm still excited to see one has layed. They are from mid march hatch.

Hey! That means she's only 5 months old. Now I'm REALLY excited!!!

Last edited:
Mine are from early-mid May.. I'll be waiting a while I'm sure. But they look so little, I'd be sad for them if they started laying those big eggs now, lol.

Oh it's ok. They come out tiny for a bit! My son found another pullet egg today. So it could be another girl laying. Pretty color, a 5 on the scale, but with darker spots all over it. Man... If those spots were to end up the full egg color... :D

what has been anyone's experience with wade jeane line of wheatens? yes I know Jeane has been out of the business for years now and alot of people have mixed the lines up with something else but there is a few pure Jeane wheatens out there. I am more interested in this line than the Davis line (Cottage Hill line is too expensive at this stage).

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom