Wheaten Maran Rooster died no apparent cause

thebirdfarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
I was just wondering if anybody has had this or could it be from something that I can control? Just went out in the coop and he was dead. Pen is predator proof, seriously not even a weasel could get in. But he has no signs of anything wrong with him at all, just laying there dead. He's not quite one year old so I wouldn't think a heart attack or anything. Any help would be great especially someone who has this breed.

Had the same thing happend to one of my silkie hens last week...I have been wondering ever since what happened...no reason that I could tell....She was laying peaceful in the nesting box...My granddaughter is 11 and she told me.."Grandma, these things happen sometimes." I've used that same statement to her many times....
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry. The only loss I've had in 2 yrs. was a bantam silver laced cochin cockrel. The same thing happened, no signs of trauma at all. DH just found him laying on the floor of the coop, still warm. I cried and cried. He was my favorite-of course! Your granddaughter is wise, sometimes these things do just happen.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom