1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whee is best price for plain cartons?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by PJCluck, Feb 8, 2014.

1. PJCluck

PJCluck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Living Free in NH
    What are your best sources for inexpensive, plain 12-egg cartons in quantities of, say, 500? Nothing fancy, just plain cartons - paper or plastic, matters not to me. Thanks for your tips. I really want to find a good source cheaper than eggcartons.com, if there is one.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Are you selling eggs?

3. PJCluck

PJCluck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Living Free in NH
    Yes, we plan on selling eggs from a stand at the end of the driveway.

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

When I was selling eggs I set my price per dozen a little high and then gave my customers 50 cents off per dozen when they brought back the cartons.

I bought the few cartons that I needed from TSC.

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Sometimes the state regulations do not allow reuse of cartons when selling eggs to the public.
    Probably should check your local regs as part of 'planning' on selling eggs in your front yard.

6. ChickenCurt

ChickenCurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2014
    Gather cartons from friends and families. Give some eggs away for exchange of cartons. Go behind the stores/restaurants when they throw away egg flats. This way you won't need any overhead.
    But if you still want new www.eggcartons.com was fair. Call them; you may get lucky and buy some misprints cheap (not always available).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by