Wheezing? guess she just ate too fast and needed a drink

maralynn28

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Corpus Christi, TX
Let the duckies out this morning, they all took off to the food and started their eating/drinking routine. One ducky (my darker WH) started wheezing. I don't know if wheezing is the right word for it, at first I thought she had something in her throat because she kept making that noise after trying to drink. It's kinda likea weak cough?
Other than that, she seems fine but I looked around the website and it has me so scared.
fl.gif
I see a few duckies have died shortly after symptoms like this.
hit.gif
There's no mold in their food or bedding that I know of, please please please tell me how long I should watch her...what I should do.
I would be heartbroken if we lost a duckie but am honestly more concerned about my 8yr old who has kinda become their momma duck. I hope I don't need to take her into the vet or anything, a bit short on money AND time right now...FINALS week!
Thanks for all your help in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've been out with them all morning...refilled nasty pool etc. I was concerned since we've had like 2 straight wks of wet weather, it's very possible there is mold. She seems better now, they are all swimming happily in the fresh water and mucking it up good.
big_smile.png
I'm guessing it was my first thought and she just needed some more water to wash food down.

Back
Top Bottom