Wheezing maybe in pain

gmachicken

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2010
Grants Pass, OR
1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
She is a Barred Rock about 2 1/2 years old. She has been loosing weight

2) What is the behavior, exactly.
Today she has a "croopy" call, did not eat her morning treats. Seemed to be interested but when she went to eat just coughed.

3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Today

4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No

5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. Not that I can see or feel

6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. Do not know.

7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. I did not really notice before today

8) How does the poop look? It looks like from her back feathers it is runny

9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Just waiting and seeing

10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? If there is not any thoughts here for the reason I will take her to the vet.

11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. No photos. Her Fluffy bottom is not so fluffy. It is partly bare.

12) Describe the housing/bedding in use I use a deep litter process. Well vented with water and feed in the coop.

Since she is coughing, observe her for nasal drainage, bubbles in eyes, and swelling of the face and eyes. She may have a respiratory disease. I agree with the above posts, too.

Back
Top Bottom