Wheezy chicken

JSfunnyfarm

Songster
Sep 22, 2021
Hi all!
I have a 5 month old chicken who I noticed making a funny noise this morning. She sounded like she was sneezing. I picked her up and could her wheezing or rattling. I separated her from the others, put ACV in water, used VetRx, made her some scrambled eggs, smashed some fresh garlic, and massaged her throat area (didn’t feel anything odd). Is there anything else I can do for her? I live in Texas and our weather has been ridiculous lately! It’s 75 today and it will be 30 on Saturday. It’s been like this for the last few weeks (warm/cold…)
Does it sound like it could be weather related or something more serious? I haven’t noticed anyone else with these issues as of now. Hoping I don’t.
*She seems to eat fine and was drinking water. Not acting lethargic.

Thanks for any info and suggestions! ❤️

Attachments

• 77E3E5D7-545B-46BB-82E3-84CF78168F89.jpeg
    77E3E5D7-545B-46BB-82E3-84CF78168F89.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 13
Sneezing can be common during eating. How often do you here her sneeze? I would feel of her crop now and again in early morning before she has eaten or had anything to drink, and tell us if it is empty and flat, full, hard, or puffy? Sometimes they can have crop contents come back up into the throat, causing gurgling sounds if there is a crop problem. Also pressing on the crop can cause this. It may happen accidentally when picking them up or holding them.

Sneezing can be common during eating. How often do you here her sneeze? I would feel of her crop now and again in early morning before she has eaten or had anything to drink, and tell us if it is empty and flat, full, hard, or puffy? Sometimes they can have crop contents come back up into the throat, causing gurgling sounds if there is a crop problem. Also pressing on the crop can cause this. It may happen accidentally when picking them up or holding them.
It was a constant sound. She’s more calm when I hold her. When I put her back down she starts doing it again. Sounds like a high pitched squeak/sneeze. She wasn’t gurgling and she doesn’t seem like her breathing is forced, just sounds wheezy. She is eating well and I watched her drink water. I doctored her up again this evening before leaving her for the night. Just hoping we get her better. Our vet is actually coming tomorrow to do the yearly visit for our horses. May have him check her out too! 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom