WHEEZY IS DYING😭😭

It surely wasn’t your fault. :hugs
I think this was really a danged if you do, danged if you don’t situation. Unfortunately chickens are very good at hiding any symptoms or weaknesses, and so by the time the look sick it’s often just too late.

I’m so very sorry for your loss. 🥺 Take some comfort in knowing that she felt your loving care right to the very end.
I sure hope she knew i kept sayin over and over Wheezy your my girl i love you more than anything and you are the Very Best chick this moma needed 😭😭😭😭😭😭
:hit :hit:hit
Eight years ago, when I got my first flock (after a long period between childhood and adulthood - I had chickens all during my younger years), one of my young RIR hens suffered a severe laceration on her hip (pretty sure the roo did it). I thought I could take care of it myself, so just kept her apart, cleaned it out and applied antibiotics. She got worse after a few days, so I frantically took her to a vet. By the time they were able to work on her, it was too late. She had blood poisoning and died. I was very broken, too, and depressed for a while. I blamed myself for it - I should have brought her in earlier, but I didn’t know any better 😓. When it happened again last year, once again to one of my RIR hens, I took her in right away. It sucks being a chicken mom because they can be so fragile sometimes and we don’t know how to fix them. I’m sure Wheezy was well-loved while she was with you (and now I’m crying again 😭) and I’m so very sorry I couldn’t help 😥.
Being a chick mom is hard 😢😢😢and most of my friends Or not and did not get it until they saw me and Wheezy together Some Of them are now chick moms 😂😂😂😂😂 My entire family is saddened and wants me to get new checks to help my heart but I still have four beautiful girls that need me to take care of them Dorothy Blanche Rose and Sophia😂😂😂😂 And I'm banking on Rose to be the last woman standing 😂😂😂😂😂

I sure hope she knew i kept sayin over and over Wheezy your my girl i love you more than anything and you are the Very Best chick this moma needed 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Being a chick mom is hard 😢😢😢and most of my friends Or not and did not get it until they saw me and Wheezy together Some Of them are now chick moms 😂😂😂😂😂 My entire family is saddened and wants me to get new checks to help my heart but I still have four beautiful girls that need me to take care of them Dorothy Blanche Rose and Sophia😂😂😂😂 And I'm banking on Rose to be the last woman standing 😂😂😂😂😂
If you ever get a chance, I’d love to see some pictures of your girls 🥰. They will help you with your grief 💖.

6 yrs ago i became a CHICK MOM no clue what i was getting into..... many will say and think WELL IF THATS THE CASE YOU SHOULDNT BE A CHICK MOM... and maybe so but my friends call me ellie mae ( from beverly hillbillies) i rescue anything and everything .... but before i even brought my first chicks home ( wheezy ) i had the coop built nesting house built inside out
Of weather with built in heater.... brought home the girls ( laverne, shirley, thelma and louise) They lived in a infant hammock strapped to my chest most days and slept in pack in play by bed at night..... it wasnt until they started flying out of the pack and play i figured
It was time for them to move out to their big girl house ... But as a very cautious mother I would only let them hang out there in small increments... never at night unless weather permitting i could camp outside with them to see exactly what they may or may not encounter at night..... and over time ... i Cut the cord and let my girls grow, however Wheezy Did not...... she made it her mission to conquer the doggie door and be inside with me whenever she wanted...... also her BFF was my 15yo jack russet we lost 2 years ago and folks may not believe me But they truly were the best of friends if I lost Wheezy in the yard I would ask Bailey where her sister was and out of the four hens wheezy was always the one she brought back 💕💕💕💕💕 When bailey passed wheezy would not eat... drank water but her new place to sleep became baileys old dog bed.., knowing wheezy missed her in some crazy way made me feel like I was not morning by myself..... Being wheezy was my first chick poor Girl had to Endure and suffer through all the mistakes first mom's make☺️☺️☺️ Im Pretty sure our first epson salt warm bath to expel an egg in the hole but massaging thing made her an eye extremely close😂😂😂😂 we took our love to a new level ... 💓💓💓💓💓 she has Always followed me everywhere I go........ here are the automatic gate open and she could not fly down the driveway fast enough to get to me so I could open up my car door and she could get in and ride with me to the house❤️🥲🐓..... when thelma, Laverne and Shirley passed it was me and Wheezy for a good six months... until I felt so horribly that she needed friends that I got six new chicks..... which she hated but tolerated as long as they never came between me and her and as long as I never hand fed them pecans😂😂😂😂😂 Dorothy Rose Sophia Blanche Eunice and Ellen we're always welcome in the coop but not her henhouse that belong to her so they all had to sleep outside of it..... and that was the Understanding the chicks had with each other They were never allowed in through the doggie door she would pop them in a minute 😂😆😆 her spirit so fierce 🔥🔥🔥 wheezy literally survived all my being a new chick mom shenanigans💓💓and still Love me every single day she would run ahead of me then down squat ruffle her feathers and keep doing that until I picked her up💕💕💕💕 i am truly going to be lost without her and i know loss I lost a 16 month old son whose BFF was Bailey Got wheezy to help baileys heart and mine Lost bailey so wheezy had filled All the voids in our small little family and I let her down and I will never forgive myself for that I am thinking about how much it took of her to try to make her way back home to me after the possum attack only for me to let her down and not be able to keep her safe😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
I love this story and believe every word of it. Oh, I have so many similar tales from my childhood with chickens (and now as an adult 🤓). They are special and yes, most people don’t realize how smart and affectionate chickens really are (but hopefully with Covid causing a backyard chicken craze, people will start to see how wonderful they are 🥰). I have over 20 chickens - hens, roos, and even a Guinea fowl - spread out in different enclosures (I don’t free range them because our dogs aren’t trustworthy around them and I know of all the different ways they can get hurt/die via predators etc., so their coop and run is like Fort Knox 😅). Whenever I’m feeling down, I just have to go out to the coop with my little chicken lawn chair, sit down, and immediately I’ve got girls jumping in my lap for wuvvies. The saying is true: Life IS better with chickens around 🥰💖😍.

Back
Top Bottom