When are eggs safe to incubate/stops being a 'pullet/new' egg?

I incubated eggs less than two months after my pullets started laying and they were six months old. My hatch rate wasn't great but that could be due to the incubator I used! The three that hatched are healthy and beautiful, but these are also chickens so take my two cents for what they are worth.
What incubator did you use?

You haven't used an incubator so much you lost count of how many you hatched in one?
I've used incubators many times, i used them after starting falcon eggs under old english X old dutch bantams. I bred mainly hybrid and tribrid hunting falcons for sale in the ME.

iBgPQ45.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it was calibrated... She had kept it in storage for a long time and she was missing some parts for it and had to use a different cord which may or may not have affected hatch, but I am not ruling out that it could be the eggs! I also don't like how you have to open it up to refill the water reservoir and turn the eggs, disrupting humidity and heat... But then again hens get up sometimes so I am unclear how much it actually matters!

Back
Top Bottom