When are my chicks going to hatch???

KelleysAmericaunas

Left the coop
11 Years
Sep 26, 2008
hope mills nc
:)Hello all i have 12 candled eggs that are dark and nice air sac developing i put them in the bator sept 11 .........I know they are good cause of the candling ..........was wondering when will they hatch not a peep or move yet..........today is the 20th day tomorrow is the 21st...........i want my babies..........there is like 4 EEs.........cochin bantams ........and others

please help me

i have not turned them now for 2 days.........

Chickens typically don't hatch until day 21 (and sometimes later). You stop turning them on day 18 so they can position themself in the egg to get ready to hatch. Keep the bator closed and be patient. If your candling showed chicks in there, you should have some in another day or so. Hang in there and please post pics when they hatch. Good luck.

Jody

big_smile.png
im so nervous lol..........i will def post pictures........oh how long is it that they stay in there till i take them out???????????? until they dry off right

They should at least be completely fluffed up and dry. I wait until the entire hatch is finished whenever possible. Sometimes there are stragglers and you have to get them out, but that is usually rare and most chicks hatch within a 24 hour period once the hatching starts. Do you have a viewing window and see any pips yet?

Jody

I can speak from experience that you don't always see movement before a first pip. I think it is just luck if you manage to catch them wiggling in there. They mostly sleep as they prepare for the big event. I wish you luck and hope the hatch goes well.

Jody

Last edited:
sNothing I now figured out what in the heck i done wrong these two times around i forgotttttttt to take the red air plugs out so they could get more air i cannot believe i did this ........im so sad and upset.........im not giving up one more try this year ................
roll.png

If today is only day 21, you should not give up yet
sad.png
Just because you see some people getting hatches at day 18 does not mean yours are gone. 21 days is ok. You said you candled and it was fine, so try to think positive.

Quote:
also if your temps went up and down a little that could delay them a day or 2, Good luck and keep us updated !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom