When are my "Freeloaders" going to start laying???

Quote:
My BR's are 23.5 weeks and aren't laying yet. I don't know about the 24 week thing though I have a co-worker who has BR's and his first ones took 8 months to start laying.
th.gif
I guess when they are ready they are ready!

Quote:
Once my girls were of age & it started getting darker earlier, I put a 40w bulb in the coop in a safe light housing. I got a timer that lets you plug up to 2 cords in at the same time and the timer itself lets you do up to 2 different sessions. I have it turn on at 5am & off at 7am, then on again at 6:30pm & off at 10pm..... it works perfectly & all 4 are now laying eggs (3 started monday!!) And the 2 cord outlet is perfect since one of the girls is isolated from the others for being a meanie
rant.gif
!! I still have them all on the same light schedule, but in 2 separete areas!
The first one layed at 20 weeks and the other 3 are almost 23 weeks now!! Yayyyyy!!
wee.gif
I'm getting an egg a day now from each!!
The 3 just started really doing the egg squat in the past 7 days so I would imagine you're on the right road!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
My BR's are 23.5 weeks and aren't laying yet. I don't know about the 24 week thing though I have a co-worker who has BR's and his first ones took 8 months to start laying.
th.gif
I guess when they are ready they are ready!

I guess I am turning into the crazy chicken lady hubby accused me of being:hit

Back
Top Bottom