1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When can goslings go outside

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Feathers Acres, May 5, 2009.

1. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    My sebbies are 5 weeks old this Saturday and I want to put them outside the lowest temperature at night is 45-50 degrees. I think they could, but I would just like to make shure.

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    How many are there? Are there several that will huddle for warmth? (Not that they will need much)

3. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Just two, and they'll be in with 2 adult silkies.

4. Feathers Acres

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Anyone?

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I turned off my brooder light yesterday. I have 2 ducks in a little shed off the back patio. Temp last night was in the mid 40's. My 4 week old and my 8 week old were just fine.

6. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Are they fully feathered? They still need some heat until they have all their feathers.

7. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I have my guys (that are from the same breeder as your guys...and they are the same age), and I have only two also. I have them out all day, and bring them in the garage with a light at night. I will keep doing that until I am positive they won't get a chill. They aren't smart enough to go into the dog house out there for them [​IMG] But I love them anyways [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by