When Can I First Leave Chicks Alone For the Day?

Staying home is an excuse to play with them right? 😂
Very likely.😅 I had two batches last year, first batch had minimal attention since I was working long days and will sit on my lap to sun themselves. 2nd batch received daily attention and act like I'm going to rip off their heads

Very likely.😅 I had two batches last year, first batch had minimal attention since I was working long days and will sit on my lap to sun themselves. 2nd batch received daily attention and act like I'm going to rip off their heads
This is good to know as my current chicks are not as hands on as my last set...who run to greet me when I pull in the driveway 😅🤣🤣

If I put some plastic bird netting over top to make sure they can't fly out is that safe? They wont get tangled will they? Is there a better solution?
If using something like netting, stretch it taut and secure it to a frame to prevent a chick from popping up and getting tangled. Tangles are most likely to occur when netting is left loose.

I work full time and my chicks are in a building separate from the house. The only time I was really concerned was when the electricity kept going on and off due to a snow storm. As long as you check on them twice a day (more if able and that makes you feel better), they will be fine with the proper set up as Isadora noted above.

Back
Top Bottom