When can I put young quail in the same cage as adults

Tried putting 4 of the 4wk olds in a new cage with the 3 adults and after 2 hours the 4 wk olds were bloody around their heads. So I took young ones out and put them all of the 4 wk olds in the adult’s cage and put the adults in the 4wk olds cage until they get older or I can house them together peacefully.

I have a pen that is 15 and a half feet long nine and a half feet wide an 8 foot tall at the ceiling how many Pharoah and Tibetan quail should I be able to comfortably put in here

I have a pen that is 15 and a half feet long nine and a half feet wide an 8 foot tall at the ceiling how many Pharoah and Tibetan quail should I be able to comfortably put in here

Pharaoh and tibetan are just two different color phases of the same species. All japanese quail are kept the same regardless of color.

When it comes to questions like this one you are better off searching or starting a new thread. Very fee people will see your post because it is at the end of a six year old thread.

You can only put 8 birds in there if you want fertile eggs. You cant house multiple roosters in the same pen without having issues. If you just wanted hens you could put 80+ but if you want roos youll need to setup cages for 1 roo and 5-7 hens each.

Back
Top Bottom