When can I stop slicing and dicing?

6chick*start

Songster
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
NE OKlahoma
I'm probably being too mother hen-ish by still dicing their treats into little tiny pieces.
10 girls, okay maybe 1 roo, at 8/9 weeks old.
They have been getting their lovely sliced and diced fruit and veggie treats since 2 weeks.
They are in a good sized run all day and I supply plenty of grit.
Still on medicated chick feed.
Can I just maybe 1/2 things and throw them in now?

I throw everything in whole as soon as they understand that they are treats...the veggies and fruit last way longer that way and it gives them something to do.

Quote:
Don't feel bad, I do it too (or don't, in this case). And you know what? I feed my kids their broccoli with the stems on also. My mother was horrified. I guess I'm a lazy mom.

Quote:
Don't feel bad, I do it too (or don't, in this case). And you know what? I feed my kids their broccoli with the stems on also. My mother was horrified. I guess I'm a lazy mom.

The stems are edible so I don't see any harm in leaving them on! My kids used to call them trees!!

It's actually easier for them to get bits and pieces to eat when it isn't chopped up. When they pick at something solid, they can pull away what they want from the weight of the item..when they are in small chunks, the hole chunk gets thrown around.

That's what their beaks are for!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom