When can my ducks go outside to live?

Graceful Acres

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Georgia
I haven't posted on here in a very long time............
I have two Pekin ducklings, almost three weeks old and currently live in my bathtub. I'm having a duck coop/house built that is almost finished and was wondering when I could transition them to their outside coop. I'm in Georgia. The temps have been between 70-80 degrees during the day and in the 50's at night. Will they still need a heat lamp if I put them out next week? My duck house has ended up costing twice what I had planned on. But.................it's going to be nice. Plus.......I was thinking of getting me a few runner ducks. They look like they would be very entertaining
smile.png
I could really go for that
smile.png

My ducks were 3 weeks when I put them out, they have been outside for a week now, I gave them a heat lamp for about a week. The temps here are about 65-75 daytime and 45-50 at night. I'd say go ahead and put them out.

I've been trying to decide the same myself, except mine are only 11 days old today. I have been hearing (duclkings without mother) a month, a month and half, and up to three months.

Some of use have pens, some free-range. And, some have enclosed ponds, water sources, while others have huge community ponds. The answer will be different depending on those specifics.

I'm excited to see when most people turn their little ones loose!
cool.png

I am in Tennessee and we have had some very warm days in the upper 70's into the 80's.
I have one Pekin baby that is now a month old. I have been putting her outside in the daytime
in the coop with a couple of young chicks. I bring her in at night. Last night I left her out in the coop
for the first time and she did just fine. At night my 3 adult ducks and one little hen sleep in the coop
also so I think it was pretty cozy in there.
Cindy
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom