when can they be put together?

RedBrush Farm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 12, 2011
Missouri
I hatched 2 peachicks July 1 - they are now in the flight pen in their own smaller cage. When can they be let out with the flock? The hens spend all day around their pen and they preen the babies through the wire. They have only been in the flight pen a week. Any advice appreciated. They would be with a white 1 1/2 year old male 2 blue males and 5 females all 1 year old. The hens are 2 blue - 1 black shoulder - 1 bronze - 1 pied. I do not know if type makes a difference so I thought I would list them.
thanks

Mine are totaly freeranged after 4 months of age.
Mine are raised on the ground so i just open the gate to their pen and let them out the day they turn 4 months old, they do fine with the older birds and i have never had any issues.

If you are tlking about turning them loose in a oen together mabe someone else can chime in cause i don't know what would happen.

Thanks for the response. I would feel more at ease if they were free range. Our pen is 45 feet by 50+ and they have a "house" 12×12 and 9 foot tall. But I still worry about them "getting out of the way" if needed.

Back
Top Bottom