When can you tell if you have any roo's?

Pics
#1 female
#2 male
#3 female
#4 male
#5-8 male
#9-10 hard to guess

These are ALL rank guesses... hard to tell really, at this age. You can probably discern more by "cocky" attitude.

So, you think I have a lot of cockerels? Uh oh. :hmm:hit
Hi there. I have a weird way to work out boys from girls....and it's been right for me so far. When chicks are as young as 3 or 4 weeks....look at their tails, if only body feathers, they are girls but if there is actual tail feathers coming in, it's a roo. It has been right for me for my last 3 lot of chicks. And your chicks look the right age to tell. And looking at your photos I'd say there are at least 3 maybe 4 roos. Will the roos be going in your freezer?

Hi there. I have a weird way to work out boys from girls....and it's been right for me so far. When chicks are as young as 3 or 4 weeks....look at their tails, if only body feathers, they are girls but if there is actual tail feathers coming in, it's a roo. It has been right for me for my last 3 lot of chicks. And your chicks look the right age to tell. And looking at your photos I'd say there are at least 3 maybe 4 roos. Will the roos be going in your freezer?
Wow, I didn't know that, thank you! My chicks are 5 1/2 weeks now so I don't think I would be able to tell anymore!:( I can post more pics tomorrow! The roo's are not getting eaten, I am too attached! I hope they can work together or I will make a roo flock.

Back
Top Bottom