When did you start with chickens?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sara, Feb 14, 2009.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

So when did you all get started with chickens? How long have you had them? [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I grew up on a farm so we had chickens from the time I came into the world until I left home at 18 to go to school.

Here I am, 32 years later with chickens again... my wife tells everyone it's my mid-life crisis.

Better than a new corvette or looking for a younger specimen.

3. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    My family had a chicken house that raised birds for consumption. I was even born with a birthmark shaped like a chicken. My mother says its cause she hated them so much...

Between friends and family, chickens have been my friend for many years. However, I didn't have my own flock until 2004.

4. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Chickens were always around me as a kid. Worked on several farms. Chickens have always been in the blood. I got my 3 girls a year ago when I found out I could have them in my backyard....

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

serendipity22 ~ That's funny about the birthmark.

6. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    I done chickens in 4H back in the mid 80's but i started back 3 years ago and i'm :lovehooked again.

7. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I started..

TODAY!!!!! [​IMG]

8. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    Quote:Why thank you... As I grew up, it stretched and looks more like a burn from a motorcycle. (It's on the lower part of my right leg. Bet you didn't think you'd ever know that much about me)

[​IMG]

9. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I grew up on a farm, and have had chickens, and many other animals all y life.

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

serendipity22 ~ Learn something new everyday [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by