when do A&M quail lay eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by smokeyodie97, Aug 9, 2010.

1. smokeyodie97

smokeyodie97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    MISSISSIPPI
    When do A&M quail lay eggs?

2. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    six - nine weeks

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    When They Are Ready..... And Not A Moment Sooner. Oh, And They Have Stage Fright, So If You Are Pacing Back And Forth Outside The Pen Waiting? Yeah, Um Not Gonna Happen [​IMG]

Seriously Tho... Birds Normally Start To Lay Between 6 And 12 Wks Of Age, Occaisionally A Lil Later. The Key Factor Here Is That Coturnix Are The Lovers Of Perpetual Sameness. Get Them In A Routine And Leave Them Alone From There On... Any Change In The Routine Is The Most Serious Infraction Against Quail Law--- Quail Law Is Quite Simple- Sameness- No Variance From That Will Go Un-noticed. And No Noticed Infraction Will Go Unpunished! The Way Coturnix Work Is Simple, And The Sentance For Any Infraction Is Easy To--- They Make You Pay The Only Way They Can, No Eggs!

"change My Feed Every Week?--- Bad Keeper! No Eggs For You!"

"change My Pen? --- Bad Keeper! No Eggs For You!"

"change My Roommates? Bad Keeper! No Eggs For You!"

" Change My View (move The Pen To A Different Location)?--- " Well I Think You Should Get The Idea By Now [​IMG]

So, Having Typed This--- Set Their Routine And Leave Them Alone. Once Settled And Your Sentance Is Served Your Pardon Will Arrive With Lil Speckled Eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by