1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When do Call Ducks hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GracefulBantams, Apr 30, 2009.

1. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have heard several different times [​IMG]
    But, now I need to know..... when do Call Ducks hatch?

Thanks

2. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Mine pipped on day 25 and hatched on day 26.

3. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    This is day 28 for my eggs [​IMG]

4. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I found them very hard to hatch. All 8 were rocking on day 24. I ended up with 2. I would candle them and see if there is any movement and wait another day or so. It is such a hard call to make.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Ditto. I let the hens do the job for me. They have much better luck than I do.

6. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I did candle them just now. They looked fully developed, but I could not tell if there was any movement. Should I crack one and check [​IMG]

7. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I waited until day 28 and had to help. I saw no movement and thought they were all dead. I saw on here that it depends on your temperature and humidity. This was my first hatch and my thermo was wrong so I do not think my temp was high as it should be. so took longer to incubate.
    I threw it out.

So many variables. I am at a high altitude and tried to hatch shipped eggs. There is a thread on here posted by Sundown Waterfowl about Helping. Let me look it up[​IMG] and get back to you.

8. Luvducks

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Post is Assisting a Hatch - Duckling.

Please read this. I got ONE duckling and it would not have made it out if I did not help. Lost 3 others. When I opened them they were dead. Very sad. Next time I will know.

This post will tell you what to do.

9. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thank you all for the help/info/pictures.

I cracked them open:
    One was only partly developed. The other was fully developed, but dead [​IMG]

10. Luvducks

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Graceful Bantams, How is the hatch going? Let us know. I am crossing my fingers for the little ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by