When do cockerels start crowing??

I'm curious at what age do cockerels start to practice crowing for the first time?

Thanks!!

This is my first time raising baby chick but I have been told it's around 6-12 weeks. It might depend on the breed too. Hope this helped even the slightest
hugs.gif

When they are darn good and ready to crow!! lol

It's all an individual, and environmental thing depending on others roosters around, not a breed thing.

My Welsummer roo just started to try crowing a couple weeks ago at about 10 weeks old.....I have an adult rooster in an adjacent coop/run....but the other jr roos haven't tried, maybe because they are a week younger or because they are submissive to the Wellie roo......Woody is boss roo in the jr coop.

I've heard of roosters crowing at 2 weeks old.....my previous jr roo didn't start until he was about 5-6 months old.

When they are darn good and ready to crow!! lol

It's all an individual, and environmental thing depending on others roosters around, not a breed thing.

My Welsummer roo just started to try crowing a couple weeks ago at about 10 weeks old.....I have an adult rooster in an adjacent coop/run....but the other jr roos haven't tried, maybe because they are a week younger or because they are submissive to the Wellie roo......Woody is boss roo in the jr coop.

I've heard of roosters crowing at 2 weeks old.....my previous jr roo didn't start until he was about 5-6 months old.
Thank you! I have a 10 week old SS that I'm hoping is a hen!!

Bringing this thread back.

Anyway, my two girls Mackenzie and Keisha are actually Kenny and Mac! They're seventeen weeks and only just started crowing. Late bloomers I guess.

Good luck,
Rachel.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom