When do Ducks and Geese start laying?

Yep that sounds right. The females have a loud quack. The rouens we have here are our favorite. Once our guy "Bosshog" got his feathers in he has become more gorgeous everyday! Oh and he is Gigantic!!

He only came in to full plumage about maybe a month ago. Before then he jusy had what LOOKED like a black ring around his beak that slowly got bigger and then within about two weeks or so he was in full color with his green head and white ring.

Would Cayugas and Blue Swedish ducks be the same for laying age and maturity age? I have 6 youngsters - 4 months old right now-and I think 2 have the curly drake feather. One other is so much bigger than the others, but has no curly feather...Will they (the females)start laying sometime next month even if its hot and not Spring? My adult Blue Swedish pair were alone and she layed eggs til about 2 months ago...We took the 2 she was sitting on one day and she stopped laying totally. Now they are in with the 6 younger ones. Of the Blue swedish, only 2 of the 5 are actully blue or gray. The other 3 are black and white with alot of shiny green about the head and some blue near the wings. Any ideas about sex, even if no drake feathers are showing? Thanks..
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom