When do eggs chirp?

I have some broody silkies sitting on a clutch of eggs. No idea when they started. I checked in the eggs today and head chirping in one. Does that mean it has internally pipped? How long until it is ready to hatch?
Hatch is close; if you can hear chirping, then the eggs are at 19 days approximately. Hatching happens around 21 days give or take. Don’t be surprised if it’s a staggered hatch since you weren’t there to monitor when the eggs were put under her.

Yes, your chick has internally pipped. Should be hatching soon. Could still be a day or two before hatching. It is probably still absorbing the yolk. When the chick externally pips, they usually hatch within 24 hours. Good luck...

Lockdown means don't open Day 18-21 - at least. Is there a best position in the hatching tray for those which remain after the first dry fuzzy peepers come out? Candle, or just close the Incubator quick?Tending18 First Hatch eggs now, might need assist on 1 or more in February.

i was wondering if I’m wrong about the date of my chicks. On the calendar they are 17 or 18 days depending if you count the fist day they sit on them. But anyway some how my dog got into the pen and brought one of the hatching eggs inside. Luckily I saw her right away and when I picked up the egg it was chirping really loud. I can only assume it was scared because I went back later and lis to a few eggs but her no chirping. My question is; at 17/18 days do the chicks already chirp and it was just scared chirping? Or are they much closer to hatching then I thought?

Back
Top Bottom