When do female humans stop nesting?

Quote:
Oh and BTW, the fastest way to help yourself and bolster your friend roster is to VOLUNTEER! Choose something you like, find people who do it and volunteer. DH used to volunteer on an historic railroad. Get out of your house and help your community you'll be astonished at the payoff.

my single, childless friends do not understand the mind splitting change that occurs when you have a child.
They would say, "You don't do *** or ### anymore.
Wellllll, (I'd say) I'm tired. I'm busy and I don't care about *** or ### anymore. Priority changed. I grew up... It isn't about me anymore. I don't get to do whatever I want anymore. Its called being a responsible parent.

But I digress....

I agree with other posters, offer to stop by. Do not say a thing about their dirty house, or the fact that they might still be in their pajamas. Bring donuts, coffee. And if you're feeling up to it, offer to watch the child while she goes out and does something. Or offer to pick up dinner so you can hang out together.

I still have contact with my childless friends,but I can not go out with them.I am responsible for my kids 24/7 even when my dh is around. I don't know about nesting,but I warned my friend that if she comes to visit I doubt I can make it past 1am. I need my sleep,lol.

My friends still go to concerts and out to eat.No concerts for me(no interest),but I do eat out WITH the kids.

I used to love hanging with the friends having coffee and chatting.I did drink coffee and nurse.Some babies are more sensitive.Some yummy muffins would be good!

My friend with seven kids used to tell me,"You'll see when you have kids." I was the single college grad who liked to share my *wisdom* with her.Well she was right.LOL,she still teases me about it.

Back
Top Bottom