When do i start hatching eggs???

crazy_4_chickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Alberta
I live in alberta and I am not sure when i should start hatching eggs!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I have some mutt chickens I am going to breed and then my 2 birchen jap pairs...(I think thats their breed)lol and one pair of polish!!
If anyone can tell me when u think i should start hatching that would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks for helping the noob!!!! lol
big_smile.png

Any time, as long as you have a place to keep the chicks warm enough until they are ready to go out in the cold with the other birds. I like to raise my chicks over the fall/winter so they will be ready to lay in spring, but I also live in a mild climate where they can go out as soon as they are feathered.

Do it now to establish what you're going to do before the serious breeding season begins and you have eggs coming out of your ears. That is what I am doing; I want to get my method established before my ducks are sorted into their breeding pens and I have to worry about my "pedigreed" eggs vs. my potluck ones now.

Ok thank every one I have one little girl she has been broody!!! (got pics of her on my byc page!!!) so i will introduce my polish rooster to my other hens tomorrow!!!!! oh the hens are : RIR/Barred Rock, RIR/Columbian Rock!!!!

Back
Top Bottom