When do I stop incubation??

ChickyHawk

Songster
Dec 23, 2018
This is our first time incubating and I am finishing up day 21 in a few hours. There are two eggs remaining unhatched no PIP my question is how long should I give them before I shut it all down? There was a dozen eggs to begin and about half hatched beginning of day 20. The rest hatched about 12 hours ago. How long should I leave the bator running?
Is there anyway to check to see if they are still alive in there?

I candled them all one last time day 18 at lockdown. All looked good except 1 so we removed it.

What date did you set? Is your incubator calibrated?
No I didn’t calibrate it. It is brand new so I trusted the readings it gave. I’ll look into how to do that for next time.
I removed and candles the eggs. I think they were not developing properly and I missed them. One head what looked like an air sack on top and an air sack on bottom the other air sac was all along one side

No I didn’t calibrate it. It is brand new so I trusted the readings it gave. I’ll look into how to do that for next time.
I removed and candles the eggs. I think they were not developing properly and I missed them. One head what looked like an air sack on top and an air sack on bottom the other air sac was all along one side
It could be cool and the eggs are behind ir hot and they're dead.
Are these shipped eggs?

I candled them all one last time day 18 at lockdown. All looked good except 1 so we removed it.
Can you go candle these eggs right now and get clear pictures of each while candling? In a dark room.

Big mistake. Never and I mean never should you trust the reading of a temperature or humidity on an incubator.
Always purchase at least one thermometer to calibrate and a cheap humidity gauge to salt test.

Back
Top Bottom