When do I switch to regular feeed?

I'm planning to take mine off starter as soon as I find the first egg. Mine are 16 weeks, one just practiced the egg song, so it shouldn't be long.

Quote:
There is none..

If you are using a non-medicated feed you could keep them on it as long as you want. It is best to take your bird off the medicated feed before they start to lay....

Chris

Thanks! We got them vaccinated, my friend (who has chickens) said that if you vaccinate them you can't give them medicated food, is this true? I feel like I'm asking a bunch of stupid questions, I just don't know where to find the information for the finer details.

Quote:
you are NOT asking stupid questions. Not asking questions can cause you and your birds great harm. :) with that being said, you do not need to have them on medicated feed if they have been vaccinated.
I take mine off of starter/grower when they reach anywhere between 16-18 weeks..then I switch them straight to Laying Pellets. if the food is medicated, be sure to take them off of it a couple of weeks before they start to lay. Good Luck with your birds, and oh what kind are they?

Back
Top Bottom