When do my girls going to lay an egg? (Picture attached)

Catbutts

Chirping
Jun 25, 2020
Southeast Asia, Bangkok, Thailand
I bought 2 Hybrids hen 16 days ago. The shop owner said that they are going to lay an eggs around 2 days after I bought but it's been 2 weeks and 2 days! So I just wondering, when are they going to lay an egg. šŸ“šŸ”

Attachments

• IMG20200628123411.jpg
    IMG20200628123411.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG20200628123416.jpg
    IMG20200628123416.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG20200624161541.jpg
    IMG20200624161541.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 32
Where is their nest box? I'm not really seeing one in the pictures. The stress of moving, and they may not be quite old enough, are two things that come to mind, as to why they are not laying. Give it time. They will.
I haven't put it in the coop at that moment but they already have one. It's a basket with a bunch of hay inside but I'm not sure if it's good enough for them. (I don't have a picture of the nesting box and I cannot take it right now because it's already dark out theiršŸ˜…. So maybe tomorrow. Btw, Thank for the answer!

Congratulations! It's a beautiful egg! What are you feeding them? Are you providing both grit and oyster shell in separate containers? They need grit for digestion and OS to make good eggshells. Also, are they in the coop all the time or do they spend most of the day outside in a safe play area or run? Welcome to BYC, we're glad you joined!

Congratulations! It's a beautiful egg! What are you feeding them? Are you providing both grit and oyster shell in separate containers? They need grit for digestion and OS to make good eggshells. Also, are they in the coop all the time or do they spend most of the day outside in a safe play area or run? Welcome to BYC, we're glad you joined!
Thank! And I feed them with normal adult chicken feed (18% protein) and I usually let them out in the morning and evening for like 30min. I didn't use any grit product because it's kinda hard to find it here in my country

Back
Top Bottom