When do SS lay?

I'm SO anxious for the eggs!!
lol.png

I have two SS's and at least one of them is laying. We keep track of our chickens and they are now 25 weeks old. The week ending the 2nd of August we had 11 eggs, the next week 14, then 28, then 29 and this week we had 36! I am pretty sure only our Australorp is the only girl not laying yet. She is one odd duck. Tends to hang away from the rest and only occasionally socializes. I feed them rose petals and most of the time she'll normally act like she is going to eat a petal and then not do it. When she was younger, our Rhode Island Red used to charge at her whenever I fed them treats. Today when I gave them rose petals she actually ate some. I was shocked.

We have two Leghorns who are producing huge white eggs every day. Hardly a day goes by that we do not get two white eggs. We also have two Buff Orpingtons (I was watching one walk up the ladder into the coop today and it dawned on me that their rear ends are BIG!), two Speckled Sussexes, One Rhode Island Red who is the loudest chicken (I'm waiting for the neighbors to come over and complain.) and the lone Australorp who I suspect is numero eight on the pecking order which is interesting because when they roost she gets the highest perch. She also used to be the bully when she was a chick.

By week 23 our two buffs had been laying eggs. Of all our birds they were #2 to start producing after the Leghorns. I think our BO's were laying by week 20 or 21. Should not be too much longer. I think our SS's just started laying this weeK. 24.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom