When do we move them outside?

yeah, awesome!
thumbsup.gif
little cuties. thanks for updating us! they are adorable. I love the run & chase game
gig.gif

I have 4 white leg horns and 2 silkies they are all about 4-5 weeks old. I have 2 questions one when is a good ideati move them outside? They are all most fullied feathered out. Second question is I have 1 bantam that survived our winter. What is the best way to put them together. I don't want the younger ones killed by the other hen.

I have 4 white leg horns and 2 silkies they are all about 4-5 weeks old. I have 2 questions one when is a good ideati move them outside? They are all most fullied feathered out. Second question is I have 1 bantam that survived our winter. What is the best way to put them together. I don't want the younger ones killed by the other hen.

silkies feathers dont hold heat as well as regular feathers because of their texture, they might need to be a little bigger (7-8wk?) hard to say without a photo.. also, you can offer heat in the coop at first to make the transition easier.

to introduce the bantam, it would be best if they could be separated by fencing in the coop & run. this allows them to see each other without physically hurting each other. after 1-2 weeks they can be introduced, but monitor their behavior when you do this.

Well, tonight is the night. I have all 7 chickens in the barn. 6 chicks and one 2year old bantam. They were together all day in the yard. Free ranged together and in the fenced in run together. Weather tonight into the 40's tonight here in upstate ny. Plenty of straw for the new ones to bed in. When I last looked in the old bantam was roosting and all the chicks were huddled together in the straw. Lets hope they are all still there in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom