When do you put chicks outside?

When do you put chicks outside

• Total voters
If I'm in charge of brooding, they stay in the brooder until around 4-5 weeks. Depends on feathering and weather though.

If I have a broody doing the job, they will be in the coop from the moment they hatch. I do like securing the coop for the first 2 weeks though so they don't accidentally fall out.

Are they Okay with them?
Also if the 6-8 wk old were being bullied / not let on the roost they could go back to ther pen free choice. I am 100% hands off , work it out amongst themselves and only step in if i need to. Otherwise im therr for feed, water, shelter.

I dont lock them away at nite give a kiss and treat.. its a frikin chicken. Not a dog. Not a child. Some people take this to the extreme.

These mini dinosaurs survived since beginning of time without human interference. The way it should be

Also if the 6-8 wk old were being bullied / not let on the roost they could go back to ther pen free choice. I am 100% hands off , work it out amongst themselves and only step in if i need to. Otherwise im therr for feed, water, shelter.

I dont lock them away at nite give a kiss and treat.. its a frikin chicken. Not a dog. Not a child. Some people take this to the extreme.

These mini dinosaurs survived since beginning of time without human interference. The way it should be
They are chickens and the difference is......?? They are animals and deserve just as much love and respect as any other!

Back
Top Bottom